Saturday, February 23, 2008

Home Alone

This week has been oh so quiet. Sabba was gone on a business trip for a whole week, and Emilia is always gone anyways, so I was home alone for the whole week. I mean, of course I went to class and saw my friends at school, but my evening hours were spent with the man who takes up most of my time - Dexter. Me and Dexter always do cool things together. Like x-rays and scaling. I've scaled Dexter's posteriors and anteriors more times than I care to think about. He is a very lucky man. My favorite part to scale is Dexter's quad 2 Buccal. I could scale that quad in my sleep, baby. He sits with me on the bus, and doesn't mind all the radiation I expose him to. You're a good man, Dexter. 

So on Friday, when I was doing my hair to go out with the girls, I was a little disappointed when Kristin and Sara called to bail. I was really looking forward to getting some time away from Dexter. ( Sometimes he gets on my nerves ). And then boy called. 

* Aside. This is not the same boy as previously blogged. 

Now, I kid you not, but it was only the day before that I spoke to boy about how I don't think it's a good idea for us to do something this weekend, how I do not want a boyfriend, how I don't want to lead him on, so on and so forth. And then he calls me the next day as though he woke up with his memory erased. "Hey, what are you doing tonight?".  Well, it turns out that ignoring uncomfortable conversations with someone is a pretty successful technique to get them to go out with you again. Cause I did. But it was only a movie. And I just did my hair. And I was dying to talk to/see someone outside of school. 

And now, Sabba is back home, thank goodness. She usually stops me from doing stupid things like that. I made her a yummy welcome back dinner of George Chicken, brown rice with tomatoes, and leftover vegetable drawer salad. And homemade strawberry shortcake, of which we ate plenty. With Sabba home, this week should (hopefully) be more successful in thwarting off boys of little interest. 

No comments: