Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back to Reality

Just got back from P's wedding. It was so much fun, and I'll admit I got a little teary-eyed watching Patience and Dan being all googly with each other. For the entire Payne clan to get together, it takes a lot of work, especially now with all the kiddies in the picture, so when it does happen, it is monumental. And so much fun.

Although it may have appeared that this wedding was the main event of the weekend, I am here to correct you. The real reason Patience and Dan got married was so that I could meet the much talked about boy. Margie and Eve definitely had their own agenda for me and this boy, and I was but a puppet with my strings being pulled. Not that I minded. Except when boy made me late for the reception. Payne's are NOT late! It was very hard for me to concentrate on looking beautiful while my eye was twitching and my blood was boiling with the anxiety of being late for family pictures. Worse than me, I can only imagine Papa Payne's eyes bulging out of their sockets at the thought of me being late because I am alone with boy in car. It ended up being totally fine, as it always does, and I suppose it was a good exercise in trying to keep my cool. 

And now, after a fabulous weekend of being whisked away to wedding parties and playing with the kiddies, I have to come back to my reality of sitting on the bus and going to school with no boys to speak of. Sigh. 

No comments: